Constitution of PGI Alumni Relations Cell
PGIMER Alumni Relations Cell, Chandigarh will be a part of Administrative office of DPGI and will have following Administrative hierarchy and Executive body composition:
|Overall Administrative -in charge||Serving PGI Director will be Administrative head of PGI Alumni relations cell.|
|Dean PGI Alumni relations cell||Serving Dean of the Institute|
|Sub-Dean PGI Alumni relations cell||Serving Sub-dean of the Institute|
|Executive Member||Deputy Director of the Institute|
|Executive Member||Financial Adviser|
|Executive Member||Prof. In-charge NIPS|
|Executive Member||Prof. K.Gauba,
Prof In-charge Academic section
|Executive Member||Prof. R R Sharma.
Dept. Of Transfusion medicine
|Executive Member||Dr Navneet Dhaliwal,
Assistant Prof. Dept. of Hospital Administration
|Executive Member||Principal (N.I.N.E) PGIMER|
|Executive Member||Registrar, PGI|
|Executive Member||AO/AAO (Training Brach)|
Aims and Objectives of the PGI Alumni Relations Cell:
- To promote interaction amongst members and to serve as a link between the members of PGI Alumni Relations Cell and the Institute.
- To conduct academic activities and to award prizes for excellent work done in the medical filed and/or social sphere.
- To publish or assist in the publication of PGI ALUMNI newsletter, books and/or journals by members of PGI ALUMNI.
- To work towards improvement of medical education and health care services.
- To raise various endowment funds and award stipends out of it to the deserving students on need-cum-merit basis.
- To institute and disburse scholarships, fellowships, medals, awards, etc. to the meritorious students of the Institute out of the corpus of the Alumni cell.
- To arrange get together of the alumni and social/cultural functions of the alumni.
- To honour distinguished alumni of PGIMER, who have brought national/global acclaim in their respective domains.
- The Alumni cell will provide assistance in organising medical camps in different parts of the country to provided free counselling and aid to the suffering poor and the down trodden without distinction of caste, creed and religion. This will also include free treatment to the patients within and outside the Institute.
- To mobilise and generate resources and funds to carry out the objectives of the Association, accept donations and gifts of both movable and immovable assets.
- To encourage formation of chapters of PGI Alumni Cell in the cities/states of India and in other countries.