The major objectives of the PGI Alumni Relations Cell are:
- To promote interaction amongst PGI Alumni members and to serve as a link between the members and the Institute.
- To conduct academic activities and to award prizes for excellent work done in the medical filed and/or social sphere.
- To publish or assist in the publication of PGI ALUMNI newsletter, books and/or journals by members of PGI ALUMNI.
- To work towards improvement of medical education and health care services in the country.
- To raise various endowment funds and award stipends out of it to the deserving students on need-cum-merit basis within the Institute.
- To institute and disburse scholarships, fellowships, medals, awards, etc. to the meritorious students of the Institute out of the corpus of the Alumni cell.
- To arrange get together of the alumni and social/cultural functions of the alumni.
- To honour distinguished alumni of PGIMER, who have brought national/global acclaim in their respective domains.
- To mobilise and generate resources and funds to carry out the objectives of the Alumni Cell, accept donations and gifts of both movable and immovable assets.
- To encourage formation of chapters of PGI Alumni Cell in the cities/states of India and in other countries.